An in depth look at the some of the most important struggles in the region, from Peru’s electoral victory to ending the blockage on Cuba & more
• Guillaume Long, Former foreign minister, Ecuador, on the challenges facing the continent
• Camila Escalante, Telesur & Kawsachun News, Bolivia, on the march of social progress under the Movement Towards Socialism
• Francesca Emanuele, Peruvian journalist & activist, on the Left’s Presidential election victory
• Nathalia Urban, Brasilwire, on the growing resistance to Bolsonaro & the far-right
• Gabriel Rodriguez, International Transport Workers’ Federation, Argentina, on alternatives & resistance to neo-liberalism
• Dr. Francisco Dominguez, Latin American Studies, Middlesex University, on the effects of US sanctions on the region, including Venezuela & Nicaragua
• Bernard Regan, Cuba Solidarity Campaign, on why we must stand against the criminal US blockade
• Chair: Christine Blower, Labour Peer & Labour Friends of Progressive Latin America.
Hosted by Labour Friends of Progressive Latin America.
Supported by a range of solidarity organisations & progressive groups + publications including Brazil Solidarity Initiative, Friends of Bolivia, Friends of Ecuador, Venezuela Solidarity Campaign.
Streamed by ‘Arise – A Festival of Labour’s Left Ideas.’