The man accused of the shooting of four people in north Queensland is in custody and the only surviving victim has managed to give police an account of the incident.
On Thursday morning, emergency services were called to Bogie, near Collinsville, where a man was found with a gunshot wound and reported an attack on his family.
The bodies of two men and a woman were later discovered, and multiple crime scenes are being examined on Friday.
Nine News reported that the victims were graziers Merv and Maree Schwartz, and Maree’s adult son, Graham Tighe.
Maree’s other son, Ross Tighe, was the survivor.
Three people were in police custody, while two others had been assisting police with their inquiries.
Acting Police Superintendent Tom Armitt told the Sunrise program that police believed they had the shooter in custody.
“The person who has been nominated for that offence is with us here in custody,” he said.
“We haven’t pressed any charges at this point in time while our investigations are ongoing.”